Victoria Racquet Club (VRC) Coach Application Form
Coaching Position Request:
Please select one or more for the coaching positions you would like to be considered for.
Be advised that some positions may require an interview with the coach selection committee.
Station Coach: Occasionally helps Head Coaches and Assistance Coaches and is not responsible for planning and/or leadership.
1. I hereby consent to disclosure of the above information to the VRC Executive and relevant staff and hiring committees.
2. I hereby acknowledge the authority of the CHA, BCAHA, VIAHA, and VRC Minor Hockey Association and agree to carry out and abide by their constitution, bylaws, rules and regulations.
3. I hereby agree to familiarize myself with the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) requirements for coaching minor hockey and ensure that I maintain the required level of certification (See Coaching Requirements below).
4. I will prove a copy of my current criminal record check. Click here if you don’t have a criminal record check https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm.
5. I agree to participate enthusiastically in VRC coach development programs and mentorship that, among other initiatives, may include participation at on and off-ice sessions, required readings and video assessments (for game and practice performance).
Hockey Canada: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Hockey-Programs/Coaching/NCCP.aspx
BC Hockey: http://bchockey.net/Coaching/Coaching.aspx
Certification Requirements in Canada
Policy 1: All Head Coaches, that coach teams in Peewee or above teams at competitive levels, as determined by the Branch, must be Development 1 “Certified” (other than those requiring High Performance 1). It is recommended that all assistant coaches have Development 1 ‘”Trained” status. This would take effect in the 2015 / 16 season.
Policy 2: All Head Coaches coaching Bantam, Midget, Junior A teams that compete in Interprovincial or National Championships or the highest level as determined by the Branch, must be High Performance 1 Certified¹. It is recommended that all Assistant coaches be at minimum Development 1 trained. This would take effect starting in the 2015/16 season and 2016/17 for Junior ‘A’. ”
Agree to above:
By submitting this form you agree to the above Undertaking as listed above.