ePACT Emergency Network
Victoria Racquet Club Minor Hockey Association is pleased to announce our use of ePACT, a secure Canadian based online emergency network, to improve emergency preparedness and safety for all of our players.
ePACT will help us better communicate and share critical information, such as an illness or injury of one of our players, and provides us with more accurate and up to date information that the paper forms we’ve grown accustom to. ePACT is web-based so we will have the opportunity to securely access the system via smartphone, tablet or computer so information will always be accessible whether we are at the rink or on the road.
ePACT maintains the same levels of security and privacy as online banking to ensure the safety of your information, it also provides the ability to limit access of the information to a team coach or manager in the event that a player requires support.
Using ePACT is easy
- Every Player’s family will receive an email invitation from the association to use ePACT
- Families accept the invitation and create their ePACT account
- Though a series of steps, parents enter required details including medical history and emergency contacts
- Families then share this information with Victoria Racquet Club Minor Hockey Association; allowing access to their information by coaches and managers
- At any time during the year families can update the information in ePACT and the association will automatically be notified
We recognize that as with anything new you will have questions so we’ve included some frequently asked ones below
1. What is ePACT? ePACT is an online emergency network that helps youth sports organizations eliminate the need for paper-based forms used for medical emergency information, emergency contacts, waivers, consents, and more. Instead of having parents manually fill out their emergency and medical information every year, they input the information once through ePACT’s secure, online network and share it with their association year after year. Coaches and Team Managers can also access their players’ medical and contact details securely via web, mobile phone or tablet, and communicate to parents and emergency contacts in the event of an emergency (e.g. a player is injured, practice is cancelled, severe weather, etc.).
2. How secure is ePACT? ePACT deals with very sensitive and confidential information, therefore the privacy and security of this data is paramount. The security of ePACT is modelled after the security standards required for online banks, and in some cases ePACT exceeds those standards. As a company, we are also both FOIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act) and PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) compliant. Individuals have complete control over their ePACT account and only they can decide whom they share their information with.
3. Is ePACT approved by Hockey Canada? ePACT has been approved by Hockey Canada as a viable replacement for the Hockey Canada Player Medical Information Sheet paper form. We encourage all minor hockey associations to continue using the paper form for families who may not have access to the internet. Those paper forms can still be scanned into ePACT, so that all your records can be securely accessed through one centralized system.
4. Do our families have to input all their information into ePACT every season? No. ePACT makes it easy for families, because they input their information once and it can then be shared with their association season after season. If their information changes throughout the season, they can update it and it will automatically be updated for everyone at your association.
Interested in learning more? Check out the following link for a quick overview of ePACT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXXK8h-FNDE